Monday, April 20, 2009

E-mail not working !?

My e-mail dosn%26#039;t work so i%26#039;m just going to post this message on here so I can get it from school tomorrow. So ignore the message but anyway, can someone help me? I will click on my e-mail to load and it just dosn%26#039;t work...








To Kill A Mockingbird Composition











Setting:


The town





Maycomb was an old town, but it was a tierd old town when I first knew it. In rainy weather the sreets turned to red slop; grass grew on the sidealks, the courthouse sagged in the square. Somehow, it was hotter then: a black dog suffered on a summer%26#039;s day; bony mules hitched to Hoover carts flicked flies in the sweltering shade of the live oaks on the square.





Pg. 5





In my head, the town seems boring. The setting makes me see the town as slightly depressing and dead. Maycomb strikes me as a town that has become forgotten to outsiders of the town, and it has been the same people living there for years and years. The movie did not make me feel this way, although this description of the setting definetley did.








Setting:


The courthouse





The Maycomb County courthouse was faintly reminiscent of Arlington in one respect: the concrete pillars supporting its south roof were too heavy for their light burden. The pillars were all that remained standing when the original courthouse burned in 1856.





The Colored balcony ran along three walls of the courtroom like a second-story veranda, and from it we could see everything.





The jury sat to the left, under long windows. Sunburned, lanky, they seemed to be all farmers, but this was natural: townfold rarely sat on juries, they were either struck or excused. One or two of the hury looked vaguely like dressed-up Cunninghams. At this stage they sat straight and alert.





Pg. 164





I think that the setting of the courthouse is very imporant becuase most of the conflicts to do with racisim happen in this setting and the theme of the book is racisim. Therefore, the courthouse is where some of the main aspects of the story take place. Scout and Jem witness acts of discrimination and that slowly takes away from their childhood innocence. They learn about how racisit the citizens of Maycomb are, which gives them more of an adult prespective. A lot of Jem and Scout%26#039;s growing up takes place in the courthouse.





Setting:


Maycomb on Sundays





The shutters and doors of the Radley house were closed on Sundays, another thing alien to Maycomb%26#039;s ways: closed doors meant illness and the day for formal afternoon visiting: ladies wore corsets, men wore coats, children wore shoes.





Pg. 9





I think that the town of Maycomb is totally different from my home town, Enderby. The time change between the 1930%26#039;s and 2008 is definetley a huge impract on the reasons why it is so different. Presently, for people in Enderby, Sunday is like any other day. It is nothing different compared to Tuesday or Friday. Although on Sundays, most of the stores are closed. I like the idea that the citizens of Maycomb would have formal afternoon visitings. It would be a good way to carch up with everyone. The way I look at it, Sunday in Maycomb seems like it would be a day that children hate and adults love.





By: Diana Sturt


Block A


April 7th

E-mail not working !?
What email do you use? Yahoo? Outlook Express?





I hate both of them. I prefer Gmail (Google%26#039;s email).





You%26#039;d better check your spelling. I see several mistakes :-)



tax credit

No comments:

Post a Comment