Sunday, April 19, 2009

Teh question of should Lindsey W parents pay for wedding.....?

I missed this question but thought I could give some info.....





I married first time around in a church with traditional dress and 3 bridesmaids and1 page boy and a buffet reception in a hall for.....just under ....£1000. in 1998


my second wedding just 6 mths ago cost about £760.


I again had a traditional dress, buffet reception in a pub and all 4 of my kids wore traditional wear.


How did I do it?


well: charity shops for clothes, shoes, bouquet,tiara etc.


I paid £55 for my dress, £7.50 for my daughters, £3 for my shoes (never worn!)etc,etc


We paid £80 for the pub venue and the buffet cost £50.


My sons suit cost £8


Actually, my husband cost £300 to dress but I dressed me and my 4 kids for £170 in total!!!


It was lovely, we all looked great not like old bag ladies.


my advice to anyone is do it for yourself..... you won%26#039;t owe anyone anything then. Being married is about standing on your own two feet... and remember: there are some people who wish their parents were alive.

Teh question of should Lindsey W parents pay for wedding.....?
That%26#039;s really great--and you stayed on a budget. However a lot of people on here get all up in people%26#039;s faces when the parents are paying. For most of us it is tradition and our parents have planned to do that. It%26#039;s annoying when people yell at you to Grow up just b/c you are allowing your parents to do something. I will pay for my daughter%26#039;s wedding as well.





But yes it is very important for people to learn to keep a wedding within budget. After all, number one cause for divorce is money. A wedding is a perfect opportunity for the couple to get on the same page, financially. It is very possible to do a great wedding within a budget. I did. But it took a lot of time and effort--and yes a little sacrifice. I didn%26#039;t have 50,000 dollars of flowers.





However I hate the people that get on here and try to act like not going to a Justice of the peace, or getting married in jeans and a tshirt somehow makes you better. It%26#039;s a cheap wedding and a cheap divorce. Having a $200 wedding doesn%26#039;t make the person better--but his need to put others down for having a wedding they will tell their grandkids about and a gorgeous respectful ceremony (instead of a drivethrough) seems to make them feel better.





I hope Lindsey W reads this but an email or a comment on the question would have been better.
Reply:What is the point of this question which is not really a question at all? Just to shove in someone else%26#039;s face that you had a really cheap wedding and paid for it all yourself? Yay, good for you.



acne care

No comments:

Post a Comment