Monday, April 20, 2009

In a hurry and need help.?

read this letter for my english home work for to kill a mockingbird and tell me what you think. it is from Dill to his mom and i am supposed to use some southern dialect.





Dear Mom,





Hey, Mom! How’s it goin’? Everything is fine here in Maycomb. Aunt Rachel told me to tell you she said, “Hello”. I am so happy that you let me spend the summer here! Not only do I get a chance to spend time with Aunt Rachel, but I have some pretty good friends here too. Maycomb is just the cutest and sweetest little town! I can’t believe you didn’t want to move here. In my opinion, Maycomb would be my number one choice in the entire world to move to, but, I am getting off topic. How is my step-dad? Is everything going O.K. with him? I hope it is. Would you like to know about one of my friends? I think you’d like her, even though she doesn’t act like what you would expect from Meridian girls.


For one thing, her name is Jean Louise Finch, but everyone calls her “Scout”. She never wears dresses like girls are supposed to. In fact, I don’t even think she owns one. Her daily dress is a collared shirt with blue jean suspenders and tennis shoes. She’s real nice though. She can be “a real girl” when she wants to be, however; this is often only when Calpurnia, her family’s maid, has them doin’ something’ ’portent.


Also, she is a bit of a tomboy, as you can imagine. I am sure your brain is probably running wild with thoughts of her acting like a “jungle girl” and you probably think that she has no one to correct her, but you’re wrong. She has her father, Mr. Atticus Finch, but hr mother died when she was two so, as most folks ’round here say, that probably contributed to the way she acts. I personally don’t see a problem with it. She’s just like any other girl ’cept she likes playin’ softball and rompin’ and runnin’ and such. She has a brother, named Jem, but I don’t think that matters much since it is just another boy. Calpurnia is tryin’ to make her more lady like but, as I said before, I think there ain’t nothing’ wrong with bein’ a more fun. Most girls just sit around in the kitchen and don’t do nothin’ but Scout is fun.


Furthermore, she’s brave. Even though most of the time you can tell she is scared, she never tries to let on. One night, we went to see her father, who was doin’ business at the county jail, and some men began to start trouble but Scout jumped right in an’ started talkin’ and soon all the riled tempers were calm again! It was great! She saved the night and Atticus from what may have been a total disaster, at least, that’s the way I see it.


To summarize my letter up nicely, Scout is a lot of fun, despite what some may call her “flaws”, and she is my friend and more importantly, she is nice. I just thought that you would like to know a little more about one of my friends, mom, since you were so worried that I wouldn’t have any. I would love to continue my letter for days on end, mom, but unfortunately, Aunt Rachel has dinner ready and I am real hungry. See you soon!


Your Loving Son,

In a hurry and need help.?
It%26#039;s a really good letter, it sounds just like Dill. Hope that helps!!



performing arts network

No comments:

Post a Comment